Although the majority of the work that I perform is in document translation from French to English, I am qualified and happy to take on other kinds of work including but not limited to :
- Translation of a range of technical, literary and general French material into idiomatic, accurate and free-flowing English.
- Website and digital media translation including social media postings.
- Editing and proof-reading material that has been translated already or is in need of a final polish.
- Voice-over skills including dubbing, subtitling and transcription of audio and video recordings.
- On-site document review where time is pressing and a summary or gist translation of a large range of documents is required.
- Machine translation: sales material, contractual information and other commercially sensitive texts not reviewed by a human being.
- Software localisation: the translation of menus and other user interfaces for the computer software industry.
In particular, where Help me Files, Start-up Guides, screenshots and warranty and guarantee information are included as part of the commercial offering, there is a legal and commercially binding requirement that these texts should be completely accurate in the local language in which they are being presented.